Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My Christmas Past and Present

When I grew up, he wasn't called Santa.  His name was then Saint Nick.
He had a sack full of  toys,  new clothes, plenty new socks, for those who BEHAVED.

Saint Nick had a servant accompanying him.
That was Ruprecht.
A hunched over fellow, with a sack of coals over his shoulders, very Grinch like personality.

Kids who didn't BEHAVE received coal instead of Santa's gifts.
Ruprecht carried a broom made of twigs, with which he gave you a rear end education in BEHAVE !!!




Yes I met the Grinch 

My uncle Joseph gave me this huge wrapped box.

My uncle Joesph was a prankster by heart
I began unpacking...
Inside was another wrapped box...
I began unpacking...
Inside was another wrapped box...
I began unpacking...
Inside was another wrapped box... and so on...

Each time I opened a new box, there was that moment of anticipated excitement.

When the room was cluttered with empty boxes and wrapping paper ...
... I held a bag of roasted chestnuts like a trophy.
Sheet yeah !! I was disappointed as hell at the moment.





Christmas Present

Christmas Eve: Dinner with friends
Dec 25 Christmas Day
I had dozed off in front of the TV.
Santa stopped by after work to bring me a bottle of Sangsom muscle relaxant (rum) and a handwritten note

No comments: