Monday, November 9, 2009

Sakon Nakhon Neighborhood Nightlife

My favorite nights out are neighborhood events.
It's easy to stagger home and fall into bed.
No designated driver needed.

I was invited to a double header birthday party (two celebrants).
Tables were set up on the sidewalk on I.T.U.
The party was already in full swing when I arrived at 6 p.m.




Freshly baked fish, chicken, pork, and fresh fruit were available throughout the evening


This party had some special guests: Members of a local band.
They didn't bring their instruments, but brought along plenty of their own CD's.
Very pleasant listening. I'll have to ask if they have any public albums available.
Later in the evening the music format changed first to guitar and then to karaoke (T.i.T.)



I don't know how word got out, my shoulders and neck have been quite painful in recent days.
A number of party goers gave me neck and upper back massages.
You know you're getting old when you think "A Thai massage is better than sex."
It got to such a point that I had to say thank you, I've had enough.

The party was still going strong when I decided to seek out the comfort of my mattress.

No comments: