Tuesday, May 17, 2011

You have your definition of heaven, I have mine


School has started.

Some schools started last week, others this week, yet others wont start till the first or second week of June.  It's a Thai thing 'WHENEVER.'

Did receive a phone call asking if I could attend the new student welcome and introduction.
Of course I declined the invitation when I was told 'right now.'
Sooner or later they will recognize that I should get some advance notice.  I know I'm dreaming.

Received a dinner invitation the following evening from the same folks.
They were waiting for me at the restaurant.  Again I declined.  I had just finished my dinner.
Sooner or later they will recognize that I should get some advance notice.  I know I'm dreaming.

Before the super stores arrived in Sakon
, if you wanted western foods, you had to drive to Udon Thani, or even fly to Bangkok.  I made plenty of runs like that returning with suitcases of assorted breads, cheeses, avocados  and other western foods.

Those trips are not necessary anymore.  Many of these foods are now available locally.
One of my favorites lately has been wheat bread with seeds and oats.  I have six loaves in the freezer.



Hadn't tasted a jelly bean in over eight years.
When I recently spotted them at a local super market I thought I was in heaven.
Everyone has their own definition of heaven.

No comments: