Sunday, January 10, 2010

Pool Filter Neglect

Installed the pool pump and filter four years ago. I've done some maintenance, but must admit, never bothered cleaning the filters. That should be an annual job.
Lately I'd encountered some problems. Every time I shut the pump off, the dirt would backwash into the pool. Of course I took everything else apart first. With the exception of gaskets needing replacement, everything was fine.

Finally got enough courage to open the filter. I looked at the manual, it seemed really technical. When I lifted the filter assembly out, it of course fell into multiple pieces. Think I may need six hands to reassemble the filter.

From the looks of things, filter cleaning was way overdue. I suspect the water pressure will improve dramatically once the filter is cleaned and reassembled.








Recently added Picasa Web Albums


   

No comments: