Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Recuperating mode

One thing very obvious to me about aging is the fact that party mode is shortened to a few hours.
After that it takes one or two days to recover.

Big family dinner the night before the wedding.  Of course that also meant my glass was never allowed to empty.  It was the first time I appreciated the fact that Thais add a ton of ice to their beer.  After drinking two pitchers of watered down beer ( and a couple of cans), I walked home sober as a judge.


Morning of the wedding festivities was a different story.  The moment I arrived I was handed a double shot of bourbon on the rocks.  My glass was constantly under surveillance to insure I wasn't running on empty.
I tried abandoning my glass.  That didn't work.  The lost and found teams always made sure that I wasn't without a drink.

The only excuse I had not holding a glass was "taking photographs."  I took 350 pictures.
Click on the picture to view the wedding album

Later that afternoon I received an invitation for a private family dinner.  I had to decline,  I was old age exhausted.

The following day I also declined watching a Phu Phan Cup Game.  I had not yet sufficiently recovered.
Instead I relied on telephone updates.  Sakon beat Mukdahan 2-1.

With plenty of rest and gallons of water, I'm recovered enough to spend this morning teaching.

2 comments:

Paul said...

Are you going to the final?! http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/koratfc/87605/News/view/613700

Hans-Jürgen Lenz said...

Of course I will attend the game.
I would like to see the trophy stay at home