Friday, December 8, 2017

Seven Seven Seven Most Dangerous

The public relations campaign for the upcoming holidays 21 Dec to 10 Jan.  Three weeks, hence the title 777.  Drunk driving is most likely the most serious cause of holiday road carnage. After that it's speeding.  
Enforcement of traffic rules, or the lack of it probably ranks high on this list. Times are changing, slowly.  
First warning I received during my first year in Sakon Nakhon was as I entered a restaurant and the owner informed me the police had told him that I should slow down.  Fourteen years ago there weren't that many cars on the road. 
The increase of cars came quite suddenly when the government offered 'discounts' for first time buyers.  Now thousands of previous motorcycle drivers became car drivers overnight with little or no training.
Tackling road slaughter | Bangkok Post: opinion




สกลนคร Sakon Nakhon

No comments: