Friday, January 28, 2022

Where's the cameras

Thailand slipped in the standings of best places to retire, used to be in the top ten, now it's eleven. 

Also slipped a bit in the corruption index. I'm not a big believer in these reports. I always look at accompanying advertisement.

Thailand may slip a bit more statistically in the near future. There's a discussion of raising minimum wage. It would be a huge increase, somewhere around 40 to 50%. Every time that happens prices go up. 
 
Changes to traffic laws are expected around midyear. Big push is on after a recent accident in a crosswalk where a doctor was killed by a speeding motorcycle.  Pictures on social media seem show a nationwide push to repaint crosswalks.

A few places around town are posting speed limits with pictures of speed cameras. I slowed to the posted speed limit and vehicles passed me estimated 20 to 30 km over the posted speed limit.

On the net I get the occasional 'forbidden' because of my Thai IP address.  A VPN solves that. Find that with news outlets in the US and Europe.  Thailand still seems to have a 'reputation.'  I even have to use a VPN when I want to visit German orphanage  where I spent a few years in.

If you have a corruption complaint, think twice. Even if true and documented you can still be sued for defamation.  They can drag on for years.+


สกลนคร Sakon Nakhon

No comments: