Monday, October 17, 2011

Sakon Youth FC

Football again.  This time it's the youth league.
The Yothasing team is made up of kids from my neighborhood.  I was invited to watch them play.
I've learned quite while ago that there are some strings attached.  I bought the water and softdrinks for the team.
Most obvious thing was they played a lot better than most adult players I've recently seen.

Not only was the game faster and better action, but the refereeing was also a lot better.
My buying refreshments made me the sponsor for the day.
At the end of the game, the losers, the opposing team bowed before me.

Next week the Yothasing team will be wearing patches with my name on their shirts.
The fun didn't end at the football field.
The team arrived at my house for  a BBQ,  games and swimming.
Me, I'm having homegrown fresh coconut juice and rum.
Only my home bar seems to offer my favorite drink

1 comment:

Hoo Don said...

It's nice to see someone supporting their local club and especially at youth level. Last month I watched your senior team play Udon Thani and the game finished 1-1. It wasn't too bad a game at all.