Monday, October 27, 2008

Wedding Reception

I was invited through a friend to attend a local Thai wedding. I had no idea who was getting married.

For me it was simply an evening out of the house, free food and drink, and meeing a few friends.

Apparently this was more of a reception, rather than a full fledged wedding.
Most likely the formal ceremonies where held earlier in the day. This party had very little ceremonial rituals..

Someone in the family must have been of Vietnamese descent. Much of the music this evening was Vietnamese.
Even though I dont’ understand the language, I’ve always enjoyed the music..

The eight courses of food were quite appetizing. What’s nice about such meals is the large variety.
If there is an item you don’t like, someone else will like it.

I was warned about the spicy salad. I took a small taste. The taste cleared my sinuses, that’s all I needed.

The young blonde,Thai waitress caught the eye of a gentelman at our table.
This insured that we had a continuous supply of beer.
As soon as the beer ran low, our gentelman friend took the opportunity to call on the young waitress.

A trip to the toilet was an experience in itself. It also seemed to serve as a smoking room that evening.
Exhaust fans in the restrooms were blowing air in, instead of out.
As you walked into the room you walked into a cloud of smoke. I felt tall, I had my head in the clouds.

Entrances to both restrooms were directly opposite from each other. You had to really stand close to the urinals,
so that the ladies could not scrutenize you too closely from across the hall.

It is customary that guests bring an envelope with a donation, The wedding present.
Also 'customary is that all visitors receive a trinket to remember the event.



Last night's token, a hand shaped candle is now added to a growing trinket collection.



No comments: