Sunday, December 26, 2010

Your Passport: Don't leave home without it


Local police will begin verifying that foreigners are in possession of a valid passport.  It's a rumor making the rounds these days.  As with any rumors there may be some validity to this one.  Governments are always on the lookout to increase their revenue.

Foreigners are required by Thai law to carry their passports with them at all times.  Persons not in possession of passports may be subject to arrest and fines.

A number of persons carry laminated copies of their passport and pertinent documents.  These are not legal documents.  It is up to the discretion of the officer if  such copies are acceptable.

Some months ago there was a sweep of foreigners in a major tourist resort to check possession of valid passports. At that time copies were not accepted as sufficient proof.



Consumers will have to accept the inevitable
Domestic sugar prices to rise Bangkok Post

----------------------- Sunday Monday Tuesday WednesdayThursday
Thai Meteorological 29/17 26/15
24/13
24/1426/15
Accuweather 29/12 30/14 32/1433/1632/13
Weather Underground 25/1126/13 28/13 29/13 28/13

My thanks for the many invitations I received for the holidays.
My apologies to those whose invitations I had to decline.
I spent Christmas eve at home with an unpleasant stomach infection.
I had multiple Christmas day invitations, for which I am very grateful.
Regrettably I can not be in six places at the same time and had to choose.



China bars English words in all publications

True Friendship

No comments: