Wednesday, June 29, 2011

...a vigilante group rushed at me...


Found a brown coconut laying in the yard. 
Didn't listen that the nut was past any use.  Had to find out for myself. 
Used the machete, a very common household and garden utensil in most Thai homes.

Opened the coconut, it reeked.  Threw the coconut away, turned around an stepped on the handle edge of the rusty machete.


Minor puncture wound.  If it would have been bleeding I would not have worried too much.  Flowing blood tends to cleanse a wound.
I ain't taking any chances.  I was off to the hospital for a tetanus shot.
At the hospital the mistake I made was to agree that they clean out my wound.  
I had actually done that before I came to the hospital.  I received a quick swab, a band aid and a tetanus shot.


I received a bill for 130 baht (US$ 4.20), paid it and was on my way out the door.
As I opened the car door a vigilante group rushed at me from the hospital, clerks, nurses and even the owner/doctor.  "I didn't pay the bill."
They kept showing me a bill for 200 baht (US$ 6.46).  I kept digging for my receipt, I couldn't find it.


Minutes of arguing till the cashier wrote out a new receipt 130 Baht for the shot, 200 baht for the band aid in the emergency room.
I keep promising myself that I will change hospitals.




A block from the hospital, on the way home, I decided to stop at the liquor store and replenish my peppermint Creme De Mint.  I like the stuff, makes my mouth smell like I just gargled.
 
While at the store I made a great discovery.  Don't know why I missed it in the past.  Pipes, pipe tabaco and a roller.

Cigarettes, especially the paper and filter contain lots of chemicals.  With pipe smoking I avoid  the hazardous additives.


Why I bought the roller is quite obvious. A pack of smokes is anywhere from 30 baht (US$ .97) to 60 baht (US$ 1.94).  A kilo (2.2lb) of tabaco can be had for 100 baht (US $3.23).

No comments: