Thursday, December 8, 2011

Dragons and Lions: How to tell the difference


With the upcoming  dragon festival I am doing a bit of research as to the origins of the event.  First thing I realized was that I have my dragons and lions mixed up.  The dragon has a long tail and requires quite a few people under it's skin to operate.  Whereas the lion is a two man operation, one handles the head, the other handles the tail..
I don't feel too bad though, apparently its a very common mistake.

 


Dragons come out this time of the year.  They visit  Chinese businesses to bless these establishments with good luck and prosperity in the coming year.


Lions appear on the scene in time for the Chinese New Year celebrations.
The Chinese New Year in 2012 is January 23

Sleeping Lions








Who will survive?
Home Pro opens December 16 in Sakon Nakhon.
With the recent opening of the Thai Watsadu store, and pre-existing home improvement stores it's going to be interesting to see 'who will survive.'
I've visited local home improvement stores in the past. They didn't seem all that busy, in fact many had more staff than customers


No comments: