Saturday, December 3, 2011

Reason to drink

On the way to a 5:45 PM dental appointment, Friday evening, I stopped by the cash machine.
Whenever I withdraw money I always print out a receipt and keep it in my wallet.
The ATM spit out a receipt showing a balance of 1,000 baht ($32).

There should have been a much higher balance to last for the entire month.
Panic is a mild term to describe my sentiment at the moment.  'I'd been robbed.'

I drove home, cancelled my dental appointment and poured a stiff drink.
I examined the receipt and noted two inconsistencies.  An ATM fee for an amount I had not withdrawn.  I usually do not get a fee when I use local banks.

This couldn't be my receipt.  But now I had to go to another ATM and double check my bank balance.
Great relief when I realized that my cash was still in the bank and apparently there was a printer malfunction at the previous ATM.

Reason to celebrate.
First a stop at the Welcome bar and then a visit to what used to be Eddie's bar.
I'm not a heavy drinker, I have a slight hangover this morning.

No comments: