Sunday, December 25, 2011

So this is Christmas



It's a chilly morning in Sakon City 10C/50F.
Not the reason I moved here.
The cool temperatures make my years of work related back and neck abuse, painfully  noticeable.
These aches and pains are very minimal during the warmer days.  Almost non-existent.
A side effect of the increased pains is 'THE GRUMPY OLD MAN SYNDROME.'
I tend to bitch about things which otherwise would be irrelevant.  My 'Doctor Chang muscle relaxant' had disappeared.


Last time I watched the Tha Rae Star Parade was in 2009.
It was quite warm that day  33C (91F).

Had considered a  trip to watch the parade last night, but opted
instead to cuddle my hot water bottle and  indulge in 'SangSom' muscle relaxant.

I opt for alcoholic pain remedies which are known to cause brain disfunctions.
It's a better option than prescription drugs known to damage the liver, kidney or stomach, or all three



I'm not much into the Christmas Scene...
...had not planned on decorating.

The recommendation was made!!!
I wasted some money and strung up some lights on the front porch.
The hat was not my idea.
I would have hung up some 'stockings,'  but it's cold enough that I'd rather keep them on my feet.





Christmas day began at 2 AM...
...when a visitor to the apartment building across the street needed to get the attention of his girlfriend with the car horn.
My mobile started signaling me "Merry Christmas" text messages at 5:05, 5:07, and 5:13 AM.
All from the same sender +66 (Country Code: Thailand)

Sakon City Parade tonight
I preferr the invitation for an evening  KLATSCH



News that drew my attention last week









No comments: