Monday, January 9, 2012

January is high season on my wallet

There's a long list of birthday celebrations this month. Presents to give!!
I mostly enjoy those get-togethers.
This month there are a number of birthdays in my large adopted Thai family.
They expect more than a cake and a handshake from me.
Started off with a double header birthday dinner last night (twins=two presents).

The restaurant sign was deceiving.
I had hoped for a steak dinner.
Turned out it was another "all you can eat" restaurant.

I'm not a great fan of these types of restaurants,  the food is always the same.
I get better Thai home cooking.

My favorite friends and family night out comes at the end of the month.



6 AM, Jan 9
Cool night time temperatures will be with us for a couple more days.
Clouds moving in Wednesday will keep the night time temperatures at a more pleasant 18 to 19C.

Occasional scattered showers after Wednesday (20%)
Increased rain chance this weekend.
Daytime temperatures will remain below 29C for the rest of the week.




Question:
How come we haven't seen you in quite a while?

Short Answer:
Things happen at my house when I'm not there

Detailed answer:
I had hoped postponing pool cleaning till the rains start.  Free water.
That hope was shattered last Thursday when the temperatures were at a balmy 31.
I was out socializing with "Doctor LEO" and his friends, when I was informed that my pool had been invaded.
I casually rushed home and found the pool almost empty.
"SOMEONE" had turned on the pump thinking they were filtering the pool water, when instead the pump had been set to empty the pool.
Of course sine the pool water had not been cleaned in over a month,  all swimmers had to take a hot soapy shower as a precaution.

No comments: