Thursday, November 14, 2019

191114 I'm not accident prone

I've had some serious body injuries on the job years ago. What does happen frequently is these old injuries tend to revisit.  One reason I do little exercise is to avoid reigniting these longtime injuries that happened thirty years ago.

Recently a neck injury was reignited with whiplash type pains. Very painful. Decided to visit the commercial hospital  knowing the visit would be more expensive than a doctors office.  Paid 500 Baht for the hospital visit and four medicines.  That's roughly US$ 16.  At a doctor's office I would have paid half. Getting just the medications would have been 100 baht.

This brings me to the conclusion that I will not be returning to the US in the near future. 

My (*1) medical expenses are minimal here and would be a large percent of my income in the US. I figure nearly $5,000 per year with medicare.

I was offered to live with some friends in Seattle.  The Seattle (*2) climate is the second major reason I am staying where I am. The mostly hot climate in Thailand limits recurrence of many of my body aches.

I prefer to have better alternative options. Let's say the Seattle option turns sour and I have to find my own residence. Seattle  (*3)  rental prices would eat up half of my monthly income. In Thailand I pay US$230 for a two bedroom house. A studio apartment goes for under US$100. 

I enjoy the friendship of many people and the many social activities, I'm just not willing to leave everything behind and start all over again.  I've done that too often in my lifetime.

I wholeheartedly appreciate my friends offering me an alternative and their understanding that I am declining the offer at this time


Tสกลนคร Sakon Nakhon

No comments: