Monday, April 17, 2023

The Postmaster U.S.A. vs Thailand, who is the real 'MASTER of the POST'

🇺🇸 Mailed a letter to a major bank in U.S.A. It was a check for a $5 tax refund.
  •  Listed the street name, but forgot to list the direction like S.W. or N.E. 
  • Over a month later the letter was returned to me "ADDRESS DOES NOT EXISTS." 
  • the situation could have been resolved by referencing the bank name
🇹🇭 Discovered a photo of an envelope with my name and address in English in online messenger.
  • Man did I freak out and immediately requested to know from the sender  the "1. who, and 2. why."
  • The reply: 1, postal employee. 2. Unable to translate the English text  address.
  • I sent him a photo of the address on a  thai utility bill.  The envelope (income statement for tax purposes) was in my mailbox the next day


สกลนคร Sakon Nakhon

No comments: