Thursday, March 19, 2009

Lets get this college party started...

My invitation to a local party stated 18:00 (previous post). But then I am familiar with 'Thai Time.'  
We arrived early and had a drink in the hotel's restaurant.
When we made our entrance in the ballroom at 6:15, the room was almost empty.
I expected that. The Thai Lady Band was doing some final rehearsals and kept me pleasantly entertained.

By 7 p.m. people began to trickle in. It took another half hour before the room began to fill.
Meanwhile I continued to enjoy the performances by the "Thai Lady Band." They are simply superb.




090318
Uploaded by luanghans


Then all of a sudden every person with a camera cell phone sprang into action.
Right about then I lost control of my camera. The party had turned into a paparazzi frenzy.
Where have I seen these guys before? Ah.. well... of course... television. 
Everyone wanted to pose with the "stars."



I do enjoy graduation parties, but they also sadden me a bit. It's somewhat of a going away party for students who I have known and befriended.

As can be expected, as the school sponsored party ended, everyone regrouped at the local disco.


See this album here 090318 S-BAC Graduation Party


No comments: