Friday, April 2, 2010

Funeral for a revered local monk



I had met this monk a number of times in the past years.

Not at any temple but at his relatives house:
my neighbors.
He had been ill a number of times in recent years.  Generally spend a few days  post hospitalization here before returning to his own quarters.
My neighbor, his relative, is a nurse at the local hospital.

In the early stages his sleeping arrangements were on the front porch. This was of course done because residents of the home are female.

I knew things were more seriously recently when the Monk was bedded inside the home, while female relatives spent their nights on the porch.

He succumbed to his ailments.  I don't recall the date at the moment.  It's been over a month.
I was surprised that he had not yet been "sent off."

Cremation is generally done within a week at the most. JOEY explained the reason for the delay:

  • He was "Very Revered."

No comments: