Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Tinglish and Electrical Spaghetti

.
Teaching Tinglish 001

My schedule and textbooks were delivered to me during the early evening hours yesterday.
Three books, three classes, but which book for which class, on what day, is anyone's guess.
I'll discover that when I get there.

Who writes these books?

Let me introduce you to the long leg man.
Would you like to meet the long black hair girl?
Would you like to meet the man wear a blue suit?

Ken is back


A complete surprise yesterday when I met Ken on his way to daily Sakon FC practice.

Of course we talked football.
I'm really glad to see him back.

As far as I'm concerned he's the ace the team needs.




Electrical Spaghetti


Recently had the electric company at my house because we had a power outage.
They traced the cause to burned out wires in the attic, cut out the burned section and re-spliced the wires.  A smaller wire is spliced and taped to the main power line.  The smaller wire then leads to the circuit box.  The insulation was scorched.  Lucky the stuff doesn't burn well.
Still plenty of scorched sections of wires need replacing.
Family of the house owner brought over an electrician.  He looked at it and agreed with me what needed to be done.
Said he'd be back the next day.  Never returned.
Guess it's up to me.  Lucky I have the background, used to be a pole lineman for a few years.

 

A smaller wire is spliced and taped to the main power line

No comments: