Sunday, June 19, 2011

Doing Saturday Night in Sakon Nakhon

They roll up the streets quite early in Sakon Nakhon.
The lights are turned off at 9 pm at most restaurants.
Traffic lights are in flashing mode.

8:30 pm at the 'Welcome Bar,' staff were still occupying the tables.
Only a few tables with customers.
It was a different story an hour later.  The place was hopping.  Local nightlife starts at 10 pm.

Next stop ONE SABAI (happy, relaxed, feel good, comfortable)
It's at the north end of I.T.U.
You can't miss it.  It's the only loud place in the area.



The live band was really good. I definitely enjoyed the music.
Most patrons seemed what I call university age.
Pleasant atmosphere, attentive service.  I had a really swell time.
They were still serving food after 10:30.  I'll have to go back and see what's on their menu.
Upstairs offers accommodation for large parties.

Only downer:  The place has only one toilet. M/F.
Don't wait till you desperately have to go.  There's usually two or three people waiting in line.

I was home before midnight.  For me the 'party animal years,' coming  home at dawn, are  fond memories.

No comments: