Saturday, June 4, 2011

Oh no she didn't say that !!

The English lesson was body parts.
I started from the top down, hair, scalp, forehead, eyebrows...
... wrist, hand, thumb, index finger... then a girl blurted out those unmentionable two words.
Oh no she didn't say that! Roaring laughter.   I went on ...middle finger... ring finger...

Trust me those words are not from my lesson plan





My Saturday
Shopping, funeral, football, concert. In that order.  Rain gear at ready!



Thai elections are approaching
All I can say:  "It's going to be interesting."

On a recent day trip to Amnat Town I noticed groups of people placing election posters along the highway.  Quite a few of them.
On the return trip I noticed most of these posters were either partially damaged, or totally demolished.  Mind you it was not in Sakon Province.

The following day, Thai TV carried news stories of election posters being vandalized elsewhere in Thailand.

Sakon province drivers have been advised to use extra caution, as many of these signs obscure traffic vision.

Text from Google translate"...planting party advertising. Sign introduce candidates. Which are often used as embroidery along the highway near the surface traffic This may result in accident to cover the event because of traffic or obstacles..." ryt9com 





Thailand Rice Price MAY soar...

...or NOT Bloomberg


Thailand ban of Tourists receiving tattoos of  Buddhist images Guardian UK
Not into this sort of thing myself, but many folks believe that these tattooed symbols offer protection in life.
Reminds me of the fact that the majority of Thai temples refuse to cremate foreigners (non-Buddhists).


Odd World
Dutch POT tourism up in smoke
Effect expected to trickle down to hotel, restaurant, entertainment and overall tourism industry USA TODAY
Arizona Medical marijuana superstore opens Reuters

No comments: