Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wax Castle Parade 2011






The pictures were taken by Joey.
I've been a bit under the weather and did not partake in any of the celebrations and festivities this year.
My past back and neck injuries flared up over recent days, so I had no interest increasing the discomfort.

Events had been publicized to be broadcast live on Thai TV.
I'm only guessing, possibly due to all the flooding, the broadcasting equipment was in use elsewhere.
The local cable TV, 'STV' did broadcast the parade via the internet.  I only found out about the broadcast when I turned on the TV.

The fact that all events are alcohol free didn't encourage me to make an effort.
Not that I'm an alcoholic, but I do use alcohol as a pain medicine alternative when things are really bad.
Joey did mention that many people did ask about me. Mostly former students of mine.


Bangkok Flood Watch

  • The next forty-eight  hours will be critical for Bangkok.  Will the repaired dams hold?  Will it rain?  What effects will the high tide have?
Local Weather

    Weather Underground 
    picture <link>
  • Increased chance of rain Thursday through Saturday 60%.  Occasional Thunderstorms.
Local weather conditions and temperatures seem to be quite average for this time of year. 'slightly cooler.'








No comments: