Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Dragon Festival begins in the morning (Dec 11)


I've watched the parade almost every year of the 12 years I have lived here. 
It's really worth your time to watch if you are in town. I consider it one of the top 5 events in Sakon Nakhon
 
Cotton for your ears is highly recommended.  There'll be plenty of fireworks.
Starts very early (7am) from the Chinese temple.  Most of the action takes place on Rat Phatthana Road, where the downtown bus station and the green corner restaurant are located.

Nightly shows at the temple take place every night at 7 pm each night of the festival.

This is not a holiday, most businesses will be open as usual.

Stopped by the temple this evening.  I expected to see people getting ready with face painting and such.  I was a bit too early for that.  Most people will not arrive until after the football game Thailand hosts Philippines.


Sakon Nakhon

No comments: