Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Air Mail to the US 7 to 16 days - - - Fax machines take a holiday

Airmail service to the U.S.A. from previous experience is generally seven to ten days.   
This time Airmail service took 16 days.   
I had to attend to the matter with a fax. Tried sending a fax from three local hotels and 3 fax services.  None of them got through.   
Answers were: "Holiday!!" "Try after the holidays!!" 
I honestly believe the reasons they were unable to send the fax was that
  •  their phones had an overseas call restriction, or 
  • each phone provider has a different exit number to reach the overseas operator  
  • Ais, 005 
  • (Cat ), 001 
  • (TOT ), 007
  • (TAC), 004 
  • (TrueMove) 006  
I called the fax number with my mobile, I got the fax receiving tone. I wonder if I can hook my fax machine to my mobile phone?  

The letter has arrived, the matter has been attended to.
Panic over -  Disaster averted
Sakon Nakhon

No comments: