Friday, November 20, 2015

Phu Phan Cup 34 - Sakon Nakhon vs Udon Thani

In past years I had received advance notice and a schedule of the Phu Phan Cup.
Not this year.  I knew it was sometime in November.
I posted "when is the Phu Phan Cup" on facebook.  That got me a few likes, but no answer. 
Then at 4:30 a visitor mentioned that the game was at 5 pm at the stadium near the airport.  This is Thailand, the game started around 5:45, so I did not miss a thing.  

The cheering team for Sakon Nakhon was one of the liveliest I had ever seen in Sakon Nakhon.


Plenty of refreshments were supplied for the cheering team

Action on the field was fast paced, one of the better football games I have seen in this city.   

Udon scored first, ten minutes into the game.  

Their lead lasted two minutes, when Sakon Nakhon evened the score

Six minutes later Sakon Nakhon took over the lead

Ten minutes of fast paced action, and Sakon Nakhon cemented their lead

During the second half Udon had possession of the ball probably 80% of the time with the game mostly taking place in the Sakon Nakhon half of the field.  The Sakon Nakhon defense kept Udon from scoring until the last few minutes of the game. 
Sakon Nakhon 3, Udon Thani 2
I have been promised to get the date and time of the next games  by morning



Sakon Nakhon

No comments: