Friday, June 15, 2018

Everybody knows ...

... where the foreigner lives. Part of my weight reduction program and hopefully better health is to take a walk every evening. I'm starting off slow. On my first day out of the hospital I took a quick 15 minute walk around the neighborhood. Today I doubled that to a half hour walk.  
One thing that has not changed in 15 years, people stop and offer to give me a ride home. It's a good feeling to receive the offers and everyone seems to understand "exercise."  
Even when I first arrived back in 2003 I was walking home from the night market and was offered a ride as a third person on a motorcycle at 2 am in the morning I offered to give instructions to my house, only to be told "never mind, everyone knows.' 
picture 2003

สกลนคร Sakon Nakhon

No comments: