Thursday, July 5, 2018

Keeping cool at less than half the cost

Last year some of my electric bills ran nearly 6,000 Baht. Based on last year's exchange rate that was US$200 per month. I do run a pool pump for an hour most days, but it does not account for the high electric usage. The pool pump uses 550 watt, the air conditioner uses 4,000 watt on it's high settings.  Instead of keeping the whole house cool, I decided to use the air con in only one room.  
Besides cooling a room down, air cons suck the humidity out of the air.  I've discovered setting the air con to 28 to 30 degrees (C) and turning an overhead fan on is just as efficient and a lot less expensive. 
Running the air con  and fan almost continuously, and using other appliances as usual (daily hot shower, weekly laundry etc), my electric bill is now an average of 2,000 baht per month. That's roughly US$60
สกลนคร Sakon Nakhon

No comments: