Sunday, October 14, 2018

Statement pending?

No comment to date from the US Embassy in regards to British Embassy remarks that they will soon also announce the discontinuance of the income letter.  At the moment there is no US Ambassador to Thailand



One Thai official appears to have stated that the Thai Bank statement was always an alternative to the Embassy certification. For many years I was required to submit the certification and Thai Bank statements together, never as an alternative.  It was only in the last two years that the certification was sufficient without bank statements.

My fifteenth yearly visa extension ends in four months and I hope immigration officials come up with a better solution than to have $25,000 in a Thai bank at least three months before the application.  Even though I have more that the required monthly income, if the paperwork gets more obnoxious ,  I'll travel lightly. 


สกลนคร Sakon Nakhon

No comments: