Friday, November 30, 2018

You know what they meant to say

You are not "In Town" yet, but that is the way "To Town."



Read some time back that a number of the DOA terminals had been allocated funding for upgrades of facilities. DOA is Department of Airports.


Got to see some of those changes yesterday on my one day round trip to Bangkok.  The exterior tiled fish ponds are gone. Check in areas had some walls removed, looked brighter, new conveyor belts.


Obviously the face lift is still in progress


The shrine had  a wooden house as a neighbor for many years. Wonder if those containers are permanent or temporary


The fish pond is gone, and so is the wooden house

The flight to Bangkok and the evening return flight, a 737-800 with a capacity of  189 passengers was about 95% filled. Wasn't that long ago when a 72 passenger aircraft was more than enough for  the Bangkok - Sakon Nakhon flight.

Also obvious to me is an increase in personnel from ground crews to security. One staff remembered me and greeted me by name.

On the return trip I presented my boarding pass on my tablet, a fairly recent innovation.







Won't be that long till new technology is in place

สกลนคร Sakon Nakhon

No comments: