Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Avoid alzheimer's: listen to the music

So that's what my neighbor is doing 'avoiding Alzheimer's.  He seems to have lost some hearing, the music is getting louder day by day.

Google Search result
"Research suggests that listening to or singing songs can provide emotional and behavioral benefits for people with Alzheimer's disease and other types of dementia. Musical memories are often preserved in Alzheimer's disease because key brain areas linked to musical memory are relatively undamaged by the disease"
Music has been used successfully to recover forgotten memories.
There's a soothing effect and it's often turned on when people wish to rest or sleep.

I play music fairly loud while driving my motorcycle. It gets people's attention.  I'm pretty sure the awareness saved me from possible accidents.  I get lots of 'thumbs up' sign from people.


Playlist icon (far left).  

Whenever I add new songs to this playlist I download the mp3 version frequently.  Occasionally songs are deleted from public access for a variety of reasons. Download em while they are available.
Of course this is for personal use only


สกลนคร Sakon Nakhon

No comments: