Saturday, October 2, 2010

Thai filing system



Got an example of the Thai way of filing.
I'll have to remember this one for future reference.
Decided to visit the local hospital to get an injection for a pulled muscle.
Checked in at the front desk and handed the receptionist my passport.
After about ten minutes on the computer, she still had not found my files.
Another ten minutes and my records just didn't seem to exist.
I tried to simplify her search by printing my name on a piece of paper.
No help!!
After over half an hour, and with plenty people getting ahead of me, she finally found my files.
In the hospital records my name is not Hans, but Mr Hans.
Now who would think to look for Hans under the M's.
Not me!!

Thank my lucky stars this was not an emergency.  I'd be in deep doo doo.   555

Thai lingo for dummies
The Thai version of lol (laughing out loud) in a text conversation. "5" in Thai is pronounced "ha," so three of them would be "hahaha."

No comments: