Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Thunderstorm, First direct hit of the season

.
It wasn't a torrential rain typical in this area during the rainy season.
Then of course it's too early for that season.
My 6,000 liter ( 1,585 US gal) capacity water tanks filled in an hour.
During the torrential rains my water tanks overflow in less than ten minutes.


The advance party of heavy winds arrived around 8 PM. 
Plenty of leaves, plastic bags and assorted trash were using the street as a runway.  
Laundry on the line also seemed ready for takeoff.  Their flight plans were terminated.


Thunder and lightening in the accompaniment of rain joined the party.
(accompaniment part in a composition designed to serve as background and support for more important parts)

Within moments after the arrival, at 9:15 PM the lights went out.
Muang Sakon was in the dark.
Most folk in the neighborhood sat outdoors under protective awnings.
Indoors without fans was just too muggy (humid).
Electric service resumed shortly after 11 PM.


Battle wounds Incurred
Expecting an overflow on my water tanks I changed pipes.
Forgetting appropriate procedures, I cracked and broke a window, which I then had to remove from various locations on my foot.

Sitting at my outdoor bar, waiting for the lights to come back on, I exchanged stares with a young frog for some time.  When I moved to get my camera, he/she decided it was time to depart.  With frogs making their appearance, snakes should be on the scene shortly.


9:24 A.M April 27
This morning an increase of Mosquitoes is very apparent.

No comments: