Monday, August 1, 2011

Monday morning is rush hour at the Immigration Office

I really should have known better
I was scheduled to submit my 90 day address report to the Immigration office.
Monday morning is not a good time to visit the Immigration office.  The place was overflowing with people.
To make things even worse, I had forgotten my reading glasses and had to have someone read my passport number to me.  Examining the form closer, I realized I had the wrong form.

I decided to start all over in the afternoon.  I arrived bespectacled at 1:30, no waiting.  Mission accomplished in a matter of minutes.

From the US Embassy Citizen Services
Beginning September 1, 2011, all non-emergency consular services will require an appointment. We hope that this will assist us in providing prompt and efficient consular services to American Citizens residing in Thailand.  Please plan accordingly.

Occasional Sun breaks
The weather map resembles a checkerboard. Variable cloudiness, rain and thunderstorms.
The weather is now moving from the west.  August is generally the wettest month in the region.
  
Oh I see the humor
Just received the mothers day promotion from Big C.  On sale are cleaning supplies, laundry detergents, and other such household items mothers will appreciate. 
In Thailand Mothers day is celebrated on August 12, HRH the Queen's birthday.

"The United States is worried about China's growing influence in Thailand" Washington Times


Thai prince to pay bond on jet impounded in Germany  Reuters


Brazil Competes With Thailand With Start of Rice Exports to South Africa  Bloomberg

No comments: