Monday, October 31, 2011

My flu like symptoms continue

Food Shortages Noted

Tom at Isaan Life reports of some shortages at the Khon Kaen Big C.
Worth taking a look at.  His report includes some revealing pictures.

Stocking up was a no-brainer some weeks ago, when they first mentioned the floods are coming.
I bought a 45 day supply of some  items I knew I just could not do without.
First time I ever bought a whole case of MAMA noodles.
It's interesting to note by the empty grocery shelves what the fast selling items are.

Potatoes and apples are apparently not on that list.



Local Provincial Youth Games

The Provincial Youth Games continue here in Muang Sakon Nakhon. Football, boxing, the Thai version of lawn bowling and many other sports are part of the events.
I've only attended one event. My flu like symptoms continue to zap me of energy.
Do plan to attend a Sakon Nakhon football game this afternoon.

Did watch the Mahasarakham girls defeat Korat last Saturday.  Both teams really impressed me.  There were moment when I wondered if these were really girls teams.



Thailand vs Australia Game 2

The game is scheduled for October 15.  Because of the Bangkok floods they are considering moving the game.
Chiang Mai is an alternative under consideration. Bangkok stadiums not inundated, are being used as refugee camps.  If the game does take place in Chiang Mai, they may well be faced with unseasonable cold temperatures.
Personally I wish they would not move the game.  Having the game in Bangkok at this time would be an immense morale booster for Thais.
In game one played in Australia, the hosts won 2-1.

Before the Australia game Thailand plays in Saudi Arabia on November 11. (11.11.11)


Nakhon Phanom Friendship Bridge Dedication Ceremony
is on November 11 (11.11.11)


I did recently mention that the parade season has begun.
DIRTY OLD MAN ALERT: You may be interested in other videos by this uploader. I won't post them on this blog as it IS NOT AN ADULT CONTENT BLOG.  You can find the links of interest at the end of the video

No comments: