Thursday, December 22, 2011

From my own experience learning English...

During a class break they paraded this young man in front of me.
He recited four pages of a fairly tale in English. Quite a feat.
It was a very fast recital, and many times I only understood a word here or there.
A proud adult, probably a teacher was observing.

When it was all over I praised him  on his memorization skills, told him he needed to slow down his speech.
As if he was telling the story to some little children.
Suggested he find some music he liked and sing the whole story.

From my own experience learning English:

I've been telling all  my students, the best way to learn a language and get the pronunciation right.... SING IT!!

It's the best way to loose the foreign accent in your speech!!

This KPOP video is a great example   

No comments: