Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Winter came early this year

According to an article in RYT9, if temperatures drop below 15C (59F) for 3 or more consecutive days, then the government can declare a natural disaster.

O.K. stop laughing I say to myself.

It's not that they call out a major aid force.
Instead what you see in the news is that agencies are passing out blankets to the poor.
I doubt that a free blanket will suffice. My opinion.

Even though we have experienced such low temperatures in recent days, temperatures in the Phu Phan mountain region and along the Mekong river have started to drop to lower teens and below.

These lower temperatures are also ideal breeding times for flu.
There's a lot of people around me lately with sore throats..

I have a feeling that winter came early this year.
These cool temperatures are generally reserved for January.

My question is "will the hot season also arrive early, or will winter linger with record lows in January?"
Cool temperatures forecast till after Christmas, a warming trend in time for the  arrival of the new year 33/19

Crystal Frost Draws Tourists to Chiang Mai TAN Network 

Sakon Nakhon District 18 may be pre-declared disaster area cold RYT9 (Thai)

No comments: