Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Thailand Brand Name

First day back at school.  I teach English twice a week.
Didn't expect much on the first Monday in the new year.  Only two students had their textbooks.
Half the class hadn't recovered from the week long New Years celebrations.

A girl was texting on her mobile.  She tried to hide her phone when I approached her.
I asked her what the brand name was.
Blank looks from the entire class.
I explained 'brand names.'
She replied i-Phone.
I looked at her phone and questioned: "Copy?" She nodded in agreement.

Later, reviewing the hour's lessons, I again asked the class to name a brand name.
Almost in unison the class answered "COPY."

Sometimes lessons don't have the expected results


What did they expect?
Had the highest number of visitors to my blog yesterday after publishing the headline announcing the January 26 concert  "Big Ass - Body Slam in Sakon Nakhon"
Most likely a few disappointed visitors.  Probably even a few censors.


Two concerts on January 26. One at Ming Muang, the other at the Red Cross Fair.
Will be interesting to see if this town can support two concert events on the same day.
Most likely plenty out of town traffic 

No comments: