Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Flood Cleanup

Had intended to visit some nearby villages to witness how they were faring.
A short distance from my house the water was a foot deep. Killed my motorcycle engine.
Subsequently I killed my battery.
I should get my motorcycle back shortly after noon with a new battery (480 baht).
Instead I walked around the neighborhood in my "Wellingtons"
They are too large for my feet without socks, causing a few blisters. 

I thoroughly washed and disinfected my feet when I got home.

The Water level was receding.  In some places faster than others

Water pumps were used and shared everywhere


Most folk seemed in good spirit


Many homes were still awaiting their turn to used water pumps




Road markers had been installed
to advise drivers

The recently paved road in front of my house was above the surrounding water levels
 avoiding flooding

Recently paved but already cracked


No comments: