Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Mosquito population in Thailand on the increase this year

Heard that distinctive sound announcing the arrival of the motorized fogger

I pointed to a tip (฿) I placed on the ping pong table and ran into the house having all windows sealed and doors closed.

The fog was thick, but I noticed some mosquitoes just flew around in the fog. Made me wonder if this fogging is really that effective, or was it just an aggravation for those flying disease distributors. 
It's mosquito season, they seem to be on the increase at the end of the rainy season, especially so this year.
 Blood donations urged as dengue cases TRIPLE in Thailand
 I have found the homemade mosquito trap made with plastic soft drink bottles quite effective.
 How to Make a Plastic Bottle Mosquito Trap (with Pictures)
  • In making this trap I use paper clips rather than tape, making it easier to reuse the traps
  • When adding yeast, the water should be warm, not boiling hot 
Sakon Nakhon

No comments: