Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Thailand announces Five Day Flood Escape Holiday

*
  • Weather alert: Cooling trend, expect temperatures to drop to 18C (64.4) over the coming days. 
  •   A health alert: has been issued in association with the cooling weather.
  •   Thailand announces Five Day Flood Escape Holiday: Thurs, Oct 27 - Mon Oct 31 , in 21 Provinces
*


That health alert arrived a bit late for me, 
Recuperating from a cold:

I should have seen it coming.
I sleep under a fan, not only to keep cool, but also to avoid mosquito bites while sleeping.
Days had been hot and humid. Late evenings had been pleasantly cool, after midnight it got a bit too chilly under the fan.

First a chest infection. I was coughing so hard, at times I was close to passing out.

I've learned from experience when it gets that bad to head for the couch. Passing out and hitting your head on the tiled cement floor leaves lasting memories (headaches).

I tried a home remedy of jasmine tea, honey, cinnamon, licorice. Surprisingly reduced the coughing and chest pains by the following day. There was a tsunami coming out of my sinus. Used a box of tissues in eight hours. Needless to say I spent three days mostly prone.

Except last night when I had visitors!

No comments: