Saturday, July 26, 2014

The Blah factor

It's old news now. I had an Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm.
The surgery was performed at one of the Khoen Kean University Hospitals.
I took my time recovering in the hospital, probably because every time I felt any pain I was given morphine into my intravenous tube. Preparation, tests, operation and post care lasted two weeks and cost US $4,000.

Recently went for a follow up visit.  Drinking a can of latte before a blood pressure check was probably not appropriate, then having to wait for over three hours did drive up the anxiety factor.  I was given three medications to reduce my blood pressure.

Amazing here is the fact that during three times a day blood pressure monitoring while I was hospitalized my blood pressure was always normal.

Now at home, taking the prescribed medication I felt somewhat BLAH.  Too much time in front of the TV, no energy to do anything else.

Bought a test kit this morning which seems to confirm my suspicion: 
Stop taking the medicine.  
After a few days of monitoring I can probably decide the medicine is not needed, or I can limit myself to one medicine instead of three.

I'd say 93-54 is too low from a normal 120-80

2:30 pm Update: just spent half an hour scrubbing the pool room floor. BP=120-74

No comments: