Monday, August 8, 2016

Sakon Nakhon FC 2, Mahasarakham 2

So I was wrong thinking it was going to be a no drink ballgame.  Beer sales were prohibited, but you were allowed to bring your own.   
I decided to sit on the other side.  No roof to protection from the sun or rain.  I just did not wish to be anywhere near those league official black suits.  Heaven forbid he might call the whole infantry out for whistling a cheer (Esarn Football Dictators in black suits).   
It had rained hours before the game and the walk around the field was a dangerous slip and slide. Some of it quicksand like.  When I arrived on the other side, the cheering section welcomed me with cheers and applause.  That was a pleasant moment.   
The first half of the game, a cloth on my head, I was soaking wet from my own sweat. Then light clouds covered the sun, a strong, cool wind. My sweaty t-shirt felt like a pleasant ice pack.  Then the heavy rains began. I had brought a raincoat and plastic bags to keep my camera dry.



For the moment Sakon FC remains in 8th place of 14 teams. A Khon Kaen vs Roi Et game was not played. I'm speculating a weather postponement.
Sakon Nakhon Next travels to Khon Kaen this Saturday, 13 August, game time 6 pm 
Sakon Nakhon

No comments: