Saturday, December 30, 2017

171230 Happy New Year everyone

Phu Phan cup winner this year is Sakon Nakhon A (Sakon Nakhon City).  The trophy remains within the province for the second year in a yow.  Last year's winner was Sakon Nakhon B (Sawang Daen Din). 17 provinces participated this year.  
Unfortunately I could not attend that game due to personal reasons (more on that later). 
Once again there's a major weather alert for cold weather.  That is if you consider 11 C  51F cold.  Again TMC stands alone in forecasting such cold temperatures. 


Plenty of Thais are on the roads to be home for the New Year Holidays.  An increase of accidents has been reported on the highways through the phu phan mountains
(facebook link) 

New Years Countdown has been announced to take place at the provincial grounds (across the street from the police station) with food, music and fireworks. I wonder it the rule "no alcohol in public places" will be enforced or set aside for the occasion

Personally I prefer to stay within staggering distance of my bed and have invitations for just such an occasion.
It's Saturday.  

One week ago today 10 am I had my last cigarette.  To make things even worse I also went cold turkey on a shitload of medications. Been measuring my blood pressure, which was a bit high when I started, but since has dropped quite drastically.  Even recorded a 115 yesterday, 125-130 on average.

Of course I had to limit my activities somewhat yesterday due to withdrawal symptoms.  Missed out on watching the ball game yesterday.  Did get a few hundred pictures of a parade early in the morning.  Plenty of likes and new friends on facebook. Click on image to see the album 
 
And then of course I attended an afternoon funeral ceremony.  It was a bit more than usual heartbreaking for me, really dear friends.  The mother had suffered for a long time of breast cancer, with chemo treatments and even recent surgery.
 
สกลนคร Sakon Nakhon

No comments: