Friday, January 26, 2018

One day in Bangkok

The motorcycle trip to Nawa to attend Mick's funeral on Wednesday left me physically exhausted and a bit in pain. 
Thursday I had a Bangkok appointment and did a round trip in one day. 5:30 am to 9 pm.
Return flight from Bangkok my mental headcount, counted over half a dozen, possibly ten westerners arriving in Sakon Nakhon on that flight.  The numbers of westerners visiting the area for short and extended visits are way up from what they used to be. 
Most noticeably to me, the morning flight to Bangkok via AirAsia there were no services unless you paid extra for them. Not even a bottle of water. 
Nok Air did offer a miniature bottle of water. Pictured is a Nok air complimentary water bottle next to a 5 baht bottle.  I had an inflight meal on the way home, and spotted other passengers being served Singha. Keep in mind these amnimineties have to be paid for at time of booking.
Had not noticed it as much on my morning Airasia flight, Nok Air no legroom. My knee was pressed against the seat in front of me. Behind me a mother flying with a presumably one year old infant. Lets just say it was a one hour non stop kicking and bouncing trip.
Somewhere in Bangkok I received a two Euro coin (valued at 78 baht or US$2.48)  instead of Thai ten Baht. These coins are identical in size and appearance

Spent a couple hours in a Bangkok restaurant enjoyed a blt with chicken and egg. "Keep your whiskey out of sight, no problem."  
สกลนคร Sakon Nakhon

No comments: