Thursday, September 12, 2019

190912 Considering alternatives: Reason 1 MEDICAL

The latest 100% price increase of medical medication and treatment has me seriously considering packing my bags. It's quite racists and the reasons given are "lame."

Under the new prices expats would pay 30,000 baht for an MRI at hospitals.
Compared US prices at clinics is half that

Insurance companies are quoting prices which has nothing to do with insurance requirements the government recently imposed (40,000 baht outpatient, 400,000 baht inpatient). 

I can not see paying 167,542 per year for insurance when I spent that amount for medical services over a 18 year period.

A few articles declare how great Thai medical services are. These are mostly tourism related magazines.  Last hospitalization and tests I had were totally unneeded.

Had a lower abdominal pain.  Hospitalized, first test color liquid up my retum, complete with butplug for an exray.  Next test camera down my throat and up my rectum, negative results.  Day after release from hospital I realized it was a muscle strain.

Recently sought out hospital outpatient advice as I had passed out a number of times causing injuries.  No suggestions.  I finally found the cause by reading the side effects of blood pressure medicine they had prescribed.

Even after emphasizing that antibiotics no longer are effective on me, I've received dozens of prescriptions for antibiotics. (Don't laugh, it's real) Solved a six year long ear infection by sticking an onion into my ear for a few days.

Medical appointments are a joke. A hundred people may have a 9am appointment and can expect waiting hours before being seen. Such mass appointments often cause mistakes being made. 


Example of health insurance quote

สกลนคร Sakon Nakhon

No comments: